Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

First Day of School

Trent’s first day of school went great!!! On the car ride there he said “Are we really going to school now? Right now? Thank you so much Mommy and Daddy!” We knew then that things were going to go well. He jumped out of the car and said “I’m Ready!” and began to walk towards the building. Trent hung up his backpack, sat down and enjoyed the story with out any sign of tears. When we picked him up he told us that it was tons of fun and that he would go back tomorrow. The only time he sounded sad was when we arrived home and he told Nate and I that he was sorry that he had left us all alone. We assured him that it was okay and that we were very happy that he liked school. He is such a great kid with a big heart for others. Things went better then we ever could have planned and we are so happy that he LOVES school.

How am I? Good. I did not cry at all today although I did last night; and though Trent had no butterflies, I had enough for the whole class. I am so excited for the things he will learn and the friends that he will make at school, but it will take a little while for me to adjust to not having my Big Man around 24/7.