Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Boo-Boos and Tears

Dylan loves all trucks. He really likes watching a
fire truck movie we have in his fire hat. It is so cute!!

I do everything I can to protect my kids. I try to teach them how to be safe as well as have every single baby safety item I can find in my house. But the fact is, is that sometimes they will get hurt. I was standing right next to Dylan at the stove (that has a baby oven lock on it and nob protectors so the baby can't turn them) and what happened next made me cry. Dylan opened the dishwasher...I jumped and grabbed him but it was too late his little hand was burned. I hate to see any of them get hurt. I know as time goes on the injuries will just continue to mount on an endless list, but right now I look at his little hand and feel miserable for not having been able to protect him. I can't protect them from everything, but it is hard to not feel guilty when I don't. 
Trent made an apple pie with me... he said "it was soooo good that he needed a bigger spoon!"