Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Stuck in a Bell Tower

 Sometimes you plan a special night and it just doesn't go as planned.  I took the kids to see the carved pumpkins at the park in Springfield.  We had a blast looking around and the kids wanted to go up into the bell tower to look down over all of the pumpkins. It was a great plan.  We waited in line then took the elevator up and saw the great view but when it came time to come down the elevator had broken and we were stuck in a bell tower.  While I love the story of the Hunch Back of Notre Dame it was not something that I wanted to act out in my life but of course telling the kids it was an adventure just like in the movie helped us all be more excited about being stuck. So realizing there was nothing we could do but wait the kids and I continued to walk around the tiny little bell tower and see all there was to see (which wasn't much as it was the size of a master bathroom), we then sang songs, told stories and touched every button we could find. Only a couple hours later we were freed.  Needless to say, the night did not go how I had expected but none the less we had fun and I think that it will be a night they remember.