Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

The Story Each Picture Tells

There is no doubt that I love to take pictures, but it has little to do with how good the picture turns out (I am far from great at it) and much more to do with capturing a memory. I love that what I  have caught in each photo is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. Photos bring back feelings and tell stories that you may never have remembered or even known without them. My parents home has a plethora of hidden history and I love finding each hidden gem.  I love the charm and simplicity of each old photo.  I can just stare at them and get sucked into the story they are telling me. 

August 1943
This picture is of my Grandma and Grandpa Ricard, they were married in England while my Grandfather was serving in World War II.  Look at the joy on her face.  She must have been so nervous and so excited all at once.  My grandfather did not come home from the war until September of 1945.  I can only imagine how she felt and the conversation that took place with her parents and family when she said she was getting married and would be moving to the United States.  They must have been fearful of all the changes that were about to occur, but if you look at this photo there is nothing but joy overflowing from it.  Whatever it was they were feeling due to the uncertain times was definitely overcome by celebration, love, and support at this moment. 
1927
My sweet Memere was very dear to me.  I could go on for hours talking about things she would do that would make me smile.  In this photo she was only 16 years old.  It was long before she could tell stories of working in the mills and living in an apartment with five children.  It was taken before she was married, before she had any children and at this moment she had her whole future ahead of her.  I wonder what her dreams were, what she hoped would come next in her life.

So many pictures just stand alone as just great shots that tell amazing stories and some we are blessed to have letters and articles to help us better understand.
Aunt Denise & Mom 1952

Grandma Ricard on left





Poirier Family 1952
Dad & Mom 1972
Mom 1971