Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

"Mom...TURKEY!!!!!"

Trent woke us up this morning screaming "Mom there is a turkey in my room!!!!!!!!!!"  I thought I had been woken up by almost  everything (Tooth fairies, Easter bunny, potty brakes, nightmares, even happy dreams that have to be shared right away) but Turkey was something new.  In my sleepy mind I thought he was upset that someone broke the "no food in your bedroom" rule...the word in was definitely throwing me off.  So when I walked in to his room and Trent was looking out of his window, the whole situation made a little more sense. We have seen turkeys before but never so many and not in our own yard.  Trent had found these all by himself and that made him excited and proud.  Trent was so happy to watch the twenty turkeys walk around our yard and eat, that he was jumping up and down and smiling from ear to ear.  So, needless to say, we are up extra early today, and I will definitely need an extra cup of coffee, but it is well worth it for Trent to have such a awesome experience.




Comments

  1. Oh my gosh !! How cool !!! We can't wait to get out there to see all of the critters that you keep finding around your home. We won't have to go far to get our bird for Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment