Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Hanging With The Boys

The only thing needed to make my children happy is attention. But in this socially connected world of Facebook, twitter, pinterest, email, cell phones, and ten thousand other ways, it seems like we are more constantly "connected" to people not with us, then the people in the same room as us. I have been on phone strike lately. Setting up strict hours where my phone sits with no attention so that my kiddos can have a mom with no distractions. The other day I had a special impromptu date with my boys. Aliya spent some special time with Nana and Papa and the boys and I went out shopping for her birthday. We had so much fun! We went to seven stores, laughing and being silly the whole time. It was great to work together on surprises for Aliya. The best part of my day was was the battery on my phone was low, so i didn't even keep it with me. No phone = no distractions, I was able to give my sweet boys all the attention they deserved. It was a special day and exactly the time that the boys and I needed. As for Aliya, she got to go to church, go out for pancakes, help put up the Christmas village and play, play, play, with Nana. She hasn't stopped talking about her special alone time and neither have the boys. It was so nice to give my boys my undivided attention, and as for my phone...there were many lights blinking when i finally looked at it, but it looks like the world didn't stop turning with out me. :)


Comments

  1. I agree, the phone can be put aside and the world keeps turning. I had a terrrrific time with Aliya. It was soo much fun having the one on one with her and listening to her chatter about everthing. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment