Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Pooh Sticks

 

I love Winnie the Pooh.  I love the tenderness of the stories that are told and the relationship of the characters never ending love for eachother through struggles.  Whenever we go for a walk I am reminded of Pooh Sticks a game played in many of the stories.  It is a simple game that my children love.  They stand on the bridge near our house.  Throw down a stick and then quickly run to the other side to see whose stick made it through first.

  The concept of the game is just silly and simple enough for them to love it and never get bored.  I like sitting back and watching them laugh and run to do it again and again.  I will admit that after a few times it is easy to want to move along, as if there is something more to achieve on our walk.  But a pooh bear quote popped into my head as we were playing today.


It is this moment.  The tiny little moment of throwing sticks off of the bridge that makes me feel so much love and joy.  Watching their tenderness, fascination, happiness and smiles. Their joy of living in that exact moment. I want to stay right where I am and not walk on, because these simple days are the ones that fill me with a lifetime of joy.