Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Transformation


Trent turned 12 and I couldn't be more excited for him.  He is at an age of constant change with more and more privileges added every day.  Walking home from school, staying home alone, riding "shotgun" all things that he magically is allowed to do with the blowing of his birthday candles.  I am no fool and I am well aware that being 12 comes with tons of challenges too.  It is a confusing age where people expect a lot from you and you are not sure if you are capable of it all.   More freedom at school is great, but more homework from school is not so cool.  At 12 kids transform before your eyes, much like the 2 year-old who goes from barely walking or talking to running and saying sentences.  This is a year where I want him to enjoy being a kid and also mix in some of the enjoyments of being older.  But really, this 12 year-old of ours is awesome!  He has opinions and he backs them with deep thoughts that will even get the wisest of men thinking.  Trent comes up with ideas that I had never thought of and he asks questions because he really wants to learn.  This young man rocks my world and I am so excited for all this year has in store for him.


Trent chose to go see Jurassic World at the Drive-In with friends for his birthday.  It was a fun night filled with junk food and uncontrollable laughter.


Happy Birthday Trent! We love you more than words could ever express.