Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Trees

My dad planted these trees with his mom when he was just a boy. He watched them grow from the size of finger width to this! I played in them as a child. I jumped in their leaf piles and climbed in their branches. They provide me and my friends' shade on hot summer days and I sang songs as these trees held up our hammock. It is hard to believe they are gone from my parents' yard and now are moving to my yard to provide us with firewood for cold winter nights.  While it is hard to say goodbye, these trees have served a full life and I am so thankful to our family giving trees.

Advice From A Tree

Stand up tall and proud.
Sink your roots into the earth.
Be content with your natural beauty.
Go out on a limb.
Change will come with the different seasons of your life.
Drink plenty of water.
Your roots are your strength.