For Dylan one of the most important things, he likes to do to make his Birthday special is to choose all the food we eat for 24hrs. He spends time creating and editing his list for at least the month before the big day.
This year we enjoyed...
- Homemade doughnuts with maple glazed
- BLTs with fries
- Slushies enjoyed while cruising in the car and listening to music with the windows down
- Vodka Pasta, cheesy garlic bread, and salad
- Cheese jalapeno dip
- Cheese Balls
- Caramel M&M's
Trent and Aliya made Dylan special M&Ms to enjoy for his Birthday.
A highlight of turning 13 is lighting your own birthday candles before you blow them out.
Maple glazed doughnuts are so good, I think I want them for my birthday too!
Beyond food, Dylan wanted one yellow balloon with a happy face drawn on it. It was a simple request that made him very happy. Dylan named him Harold.
We spent part of his birthday at the lake and we rented Shazam and stayed up until 11:00 just as Dylan requested. On Saturday we went as a family to play VR together. It was an absolute blast and Dylan got everything he had hoped, dreamed and planned for in his birthday.
Dear Dylan, You often ask me why I love you. I know it is just a playful statement and you don't even mean it as a question but I never seem to be able to put into words how much you mean to our family and how amazing you are. You are smart, crazy smart and we both know you can do harder math then I can. You are hilarious and always make us laugh with your energy and jokes. You are dedicated and always work so hard to achieve your goals and inspire our family to do the same. You make me smile no matter what is going on even (if not especially) when I am sad. You are a great friend in all circumstances. You have a kind heart and always think of others first. You are a wonderful cook and are getting better and better every day. You are an amazing loving brother and son and treat all of us with unending love. You are understanding and thoughtful at all times. These are just a tiny drop in an ocean full of reasons why I love you. However the most simple and yet comprehensive way I can state it is that I love YOU. You as you are, all the things you have been and will be. Every bit of what makes you, you is what I love. I am so incredibly lucky to have you in my life. I love you Dylan, Happy 13th Birthday. -Mom






