Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Graduation

 

 Trent graduating was an experience that left me with so many emotions and few words to express them. We are proud of him, there is no doubt about that. Academics have always been Trent's thing. He understands things others do not, he can memorize things with ease and he knows the right questions to ask to always be learning more.  I never had a doubt about Trent graduating, but I had no idea it would happen so quickly. Twelve years went by in such a short time. I have enjoyed watching him grow and change but I have also enjoyed seeing what never changes about Trent. The things that at his very core are who he is. My science boy who was fascinated by dinosaurs and has always been content with himself and having a few good friends is still exactly that way as an adult. It was fun to see Trent in his senior year and realize how many things that we wondered and worried about come together and be ok in the end.  For a while, we were concerned that Trent was quiet and might be lonely, but he always assured us he was not. Sure enough, the friends that he was friends with in elementary school stuck, and they just kept adding more friends to their group.  Seeing them all together at graduation proved that Trent will make his own way. He knows what is best for him and trusting his choices is an amazing experience because I get to watch him live the life of his design. I am so extremely proud of my boy and there are not enough words in the world to describe how honored I feel to be his mom.