As you all know, we keep the medical field in business. Here is our latest update. Trent went to a specialist and was diagnosed with Chronic Infectious and Hyperplastic Sinusitis, Laryngopharyngeal reflux, Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction, and Chrolinergic Urtiaria. What does that all mean??? Basically, he has Chronic Sinus Problems do to holes in his sinus where infection builds, acid reflux, a stomach problem that causes his stomach to remain full and not properly digest, and a strong reaction to heat that causes him headaches, dizziness, and a burning sensation on his skin, as well as all the allergies that we already know about. It sounds like a lot and it is, but it was not as hard to take as how many medications they told us to give him. SEVEN…that’s right….SEVEN meds for a 3 year old boy, all at the highest doses possible twice a day. So what are we doing? Getting a second opinion. We do not feel comfortable giving him that much medication and we are waiting to see what another doctor will recommend without any knowledge as to what this doctor said. Trent’s medical issues are not as bad as they could be, but definitely keep us very worried as to what we should do. I have spent countless nights awake wondering if we are doing the right things for him but we know that one day we would look at these hard times and see the growth that came to our family from them.Now that I ranted, raved, and vented…I will move on to Dylan.
Dylan has had constant ear infections all winter long. We are going to a specialist on Tuesday to talk about having tubes put in. This is a simple and common procedure and though I hate the thought of him having to go through it, I know it will help him in the long run. We will update you all when we get more info. about this.



