Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Everything Changes....

When we got home from school the other day a stray dog came running up to us. I got the kids in the house but the dog would not leave our porch. Trent started jumping up and down saying that it was Butterscotch (our imaginary dog that we somehow lost). Dylan starts saying "Butterscotch, Butterscotch" and making kissy noises trying to call him. I had to be the bad guy and call the town so that they could get the dog and return him to his family. The boys were heart broken and crying as the policeman put him in his car. It was a hard day, because as much as I knew we couldn't keep this dog, I still would have loved to take him in the house, name him Butterscotch, and keep him for our own. Trent and Dylan have been playing with all of their dog toys since. But no amount of pretending is making up for the fact that we had "butterscotch" and mommy made him go away!



The children love playing together. Trent will even make sure Aliya one of his toys lying next to her so she can join in on all the fun. It is fun to watch them interact and realize how good of friends they all are.


I realized the moment I had Trent that everything changes in your life once you have a child, but, over the last week I have been laughing over the differences in my life now. We have a pet spider named Webby. He lives outside our window and each night we go up the stairs and check on him. The boys and I have been fascinated by all the flies he has caught in his web and have even enjoyed watching him eat a meal or two. Every time Dylan is on the stairs he looks up and says "hi". Now, I was never a girly girl when I was growing up. I didn't scream when I saw bugs or freak out over a mouse or anything, but I was never really interested in the life of a spider either. But now my interests are based on what the kids are interested in...they want to watch a pet spider and I find it fascinating to watch them learn about him. Never did I think I would be placing a flower near a spiderweb so that his home would be "decorated," but that is what Trent wanted to do, so we did. Life has changed, but it is far more interesting now!


My beautiful daughter and me.
We often sit down for craft time and the kids paint, color, or whatever else they want to do. This day Trent decided to make MANY pictures of trains, flatbeds, boxcars, and even a caboose. It looks great and he has even said that he needs to make a few more pictures. I love his creative mind.

Comments

  1. I met a couple ladies from you MOPS group in Springfield today at the Leadership Summit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE to read Charlotte's Web to the kids (or watch the movie)! Webby would love it too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment