Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Feelings both physical and emotional...

It has been a crazy week of emotions around here. We had Trent’s surgery, my parents leaving, medical news about my niece, packing for the move, and I tore a muscle in my neck. One of those weeks were you thinking to yourself why does it always seem to happen at once? But with all that is going on, I realize how much I have to be thankful for.

I had a very hard time saying goodbye to my parents. We had a wonderful visit but it was so hard to see them go. I can not find the words to explain how hard it is to live so far from my family and friends. So for all of you in NH please know that I miss you all and love you dearly. Here comes the thankful part…I am thankful for a family that is so understanding of our decision to live in IL, for a husband that is so supportive and lets me cry on his shoulder for two hours and another two if I need it, for the time that I do have with my family and the wonderful world of modern communications that lets me talk to them every day through the internet and on the phone.

More reasons why I am thankful this week…well, I am thankful that for a skilled doctor who made Trent’s surgery go so well, a mother in law that was willing to get up at 3am so that she could babysit while Nate and I were at the hospital, thankful for a new home to move into, a medication that is helping control the massive pain I am feeling in my neck and head, and thankful for a beautiful niece with one of the sweetest hearts in the world. So in the midst of a crazy week, I realize I am the one who controls how to look at the situation, and I am choosing to be thankful.

Trent had surgery this Tuesday to have his adenoids and tonsils removed. The surgery went well and he has been feeling great. We expected him to be out of sorts and feeling lousy for quite a while, but as soon as he got home all he wanted to do was play doctor. His voice is completely different than it was before surgery, so that is taking so getting used to for Nate and me, but we don’t mind a change in voice as long as it comes with Trent feeling much better than he was beforehand. The hardest part has been trying to get him to take it easy, but it is hard to explain to a four-year-old why he shouldn’t play when he is feeling just fine.
Dylan loves spending his time with people. He is quite the entertainer lately. He dances, sings, and does just about anything to make other people smile at him. He had just woken up in this picture, but the first thing he had to do was play and talk with Aliya. He is a wonderful big and little brother!

Aliya has an extra big smile in this picture and I think she has a good reason for it. This is her first time sitting up all by herself! Nate looked over and there she was sitting pretty as could be. We are very proud of her and can’t believe how quickly she is growing.


Papa bought Trent this huge Popsicle of the ice cream truck. He was so excited. One more item checked off of our list of things to do this summer (we only have 5 out of 21 left).