Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Beauty

I am not someone who worries about things. In fact, I find it useless to waste my time on things that I do not control. I just would rather be happy and enjoy the minute I am in than worry about a moment that may never even come. However, there are days when I do get caught up in the craziness of life, and that is when I am so happy that I have children who slow me down and remind me of the beauty all around me.

Today my children helped me see the beauty in:

~a tiny pebble that Dylan found on the ground. He picked it up, smelled it, and said "mmmm"....it was perfect....he ran off and showed it to Trent.
~a dragonfly that Trent named and talked to as if he were a very dear friend
~a beautiful sunset in our backyard that I would have missed had they not pointed it out
~a dead bug that Dylan found and was so excited to give to me
~an orange that I bought for Trent. He was so excited and he kept telling me all the many ways that oranges are wonderful.

And so many more things. It is wonderful to see the world through their eyes and be reminded of how carefree we really can be and probably once were.





My Mom sent this to me and I thought it was cute:
*Real Mothers don't eat quiche; they don't have time to make it.
*Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils are probably in the sandbox.
*Real Mothers often have sticky floors, filthy ovens, and happy kids.
*Real Mothers know that dried play dough doesn't come out of carpets.
*Real Mothers don't want to know what the vacuum just sucked up.
*Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?' and get their answer when a little voice says, 'Because I love you best.'
*Real Mothers know that a child's growth is not measured by height or years or grade...It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mom to Mother...
Here is what I would add:

*Real Mothers will have accomplished a thousand things in the morning including making breakfast, getting children dressed, packing lunches, etc, and still not even have their own teeth brushed.
*Real Mothers know that no toy is as good as the box it came in.
*Real Mothers know that paint makes big messes and even bigger smiles.
*Real Mothers know that the best presents are weeds, rocks, and sometimes even dead bugs.

What would you add to this list?????

Dylan was "doing" Aliya's hair and she just couldn't stop laughing. It was so cute!

Comments

  1. The best sound . . . your kids making each other laugh! I love hearing Jackson and Kinsey giggle at each other. It's the best : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny the things we remember. I remember that your birthday is 9-25. Tomorrow! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment