Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Crying over potatoes

The other night we had our first family dinner in our home. I made one of our favorite meals; potatoes, ham, carrots, pineapple sauce, and pumpkin pie. As I was peeling the potatoes I began to cry, actually sob. Nate came over and held me. It wasn't the completed roof I was crying over or the new carpet on the floor. It wasn't the overwhelming number of little projects that still needed done. It was the potatoes. My family loves mashed potatoes and I love making them for them and I was finally getting the chance to cook for my family again. The chance to do an ordinary task for my extraordinary husband and kids. When it all comes down to it, it is the little tasks that I am so thankful to have again. The beautiful finger prints on my new window, and the piles of laundry to fold on the bed, the muddy foot prints on my clean floor, the things that have turned my house back into my home.

Comments

  1. Welcome home Schlag family. I am so happy for all of you. I can't wait to go back out there and see the completed project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all that you have gone through in the past few months, the Schlag family deserve the best dinner out that money can buy. Of course, in your case, this means a dinner out of the hotel room and back in your own home.

    Loveya,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys! Welcome home! I love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment