
Nate and I decided last week that we were going to climb Mt. Kearsarge on Sunday. For a girl who has
LOVED hiking since I was four, I was ecstatic. I literally was counting down the days I was so excited to go. Finally the day arrived and we began our hike. We told the kids a few rules like no jumping, no racing, always sidestep if you are going to fast, if there is an unstable rock or a mud patch always go for the mud, get dirty and have fun.
Dylan's was in awe. He couldn't believe the views and the freedom. He loved every rock, dirt patch, tree, and habitat he found. He was excited and content all at once and my little man did not want to leave...EVER!

We are unsure of which Yogi loved more..the family time or the mud! One thing we did learn that if you ever want a dog to take a good nap, let him hike a mountain and then he will sleep like a baby.

Trent was an explorer through out the entire hike. He found snake holes, chipmunks homes, looked for prints in the mud, different types of rocks, trees, watched for deer and moose and counted every waterfall.

Aliya was our professional hiker. She wanted to have no one to help her. The phrase we heard the most from her was "I can do it"! She took every step with precision and climbed even the steepest parts with ease. We were very proud of our little pro!
I love being with my favorite person and nature...neither seem to mind when I have no makeup and my naturally crazy curly hair. According to Nate he prefers this look on me...I know, I am a very lucky girl to have such a sweet guy!
It was a wonderful time. The kids hiked every step with out one complaint of their feet hurting or being tired. In fact, before we had even reached the bottom they were already asking if we could "go hiking again on Daddy's next day off". These statements were music to this outdoor loving Daddy and Mommy's ears.
The pix are gorgeous. I don't think you miss us at all because the five of you are having way too much fun. Yogi looks exhausted. We are really glad to see that you are enjoying life so much. I think Nathan is just doing as much as he can to find and catch that moose!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom