Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

He's 9..No Really... it's True

I can't believe Trent is nine.  The words don't seem to go right together.  I know he has grown up, matured and learned so many things, but really...Nine years old?!?!  That means the last nine years of my life have flown by...what does that mean for the next nine years when he will turn...never mind, I can't even think about that!
 
Trent and his cousin Elizabeth shared a birthday party this year.  They had many talks about how they wanted things to go.  It was fun to watch them plan and I was so happy that they had the day they imagined!
 
 



The kids had a dinosaur hunt and a scavenger hunt to start off the party.
 
 
And then it was time for the pinata.  I noticed that you can get a child to do pretty much anything if you promise candy at the end.  "Everyone line up...now turn...turn again...and again..."  Hahahaha
 
But in the end, all the obeying paid off, when the pinata broke and a massive pile of candy hit the floor!

 
 






 
Trent wanted a paleontologist Birthday cake.  I was nervous about the challenge, but I did my very best, and my sweet boy told me it was the best cake I had ever made.  Not only was it his favorite design but his favorite tasting cake.  I was incredibly happy that he was so excited and overjoyed with the outcome.
 

Happy Birthday Trent and Elizabeth!!!











  It was fun to watch all the children huddle around and gasp as each present was open.  Trent liked all of his gifts and when I asked his favorite he said "don't make me pick, I love them all"!





 
 Trent's birthday is over, his party is over and the reality is setting in.  So as hard as it is to believe that my sweet little boy is nine. It is true. This little boy is becoming more of a man everyday and it is going by way to fast.  Trent brings so much joy to our family and has the biggest heart that I am inspired by everyday.  We can not say enough about how proud we are of him.  We love you more then words could ever say. 
Happy Birthday Trent Aaron

Comments

  1. Grandpa and Grandma could not be more amazed by or proud of Trent Aaron either !!! We hope that you had a very Happy Birthday big guy !!!!!!!
    Love ya and see all of you SOON.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment