Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

A Very Happy Halloween

 
This Halloween was by far one of our favorites.  The kids all had grand ideas of what they wanted to be and each one was really creative and fun.


Trent wanted to be a raptor from Jurassic Park.  So with full knowledge that we couldn't find this costume in store, we checked Ebay and to my surprise someone had one listed that had never been opened.  Trent was so excited that we "won" it and I was so excited that we could get him the exact the costume he wanted.


Dylan wanted to be a scientist. He picked most of his outfit out of his closet and I found him a lab coat.  We added some gray hair spray and we had an amazing scientist.  Dylan loved the way he looked but he wanted a Frankenstein.  One hour before we left he finally talked Nate into it and green makeup started being applied.  (I was then informed that I couldn't be the only one in the family not dressed up, so I became a very quickly put together farm girl).

Aliya wanted to be a clown this year.  We looked at all the Halloween costumes that are sold but she said they were all for boys.  Even the girl costumes were just "girls wearing boy costumes".  So I set out to make her a clown costume.  I made her a rainbow tutu, a pink shirt, suspenders and tie. We used her mismatched socks, funky rain boats and a big flower that we already owned to complete the costume.  She LOVED her costume and stood in front of the mirror saying "I am the cutest clown EVER!"

 
Our first stop was Nate's Outlet Mall where the kids not only got to trick or treat at the stores, but participate in a costume contest.  Dylan won and was very excited and Aliya and Trent (as well as Mom and Dad) were extremely happy for him! We think they all had winning costumes but we are a little bias. 







After the mall we did the traditional door to door trick or treating.  We had a amazing Halloween!!!!
We couldn't have asked for better!

Comments

  1. How cool. I absolutely LOVE the costumes !!! I think they were all winners. :)
    The jack-o-lanterns all turned out great too. So glad it was all so much fun for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment