Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

A Mother Of Boys


I have two wonderful boys.  Having grown up in a house of all girls, with a very easy going Dad, boy stuff was foreign to me.  My childhood was filled with hearts, unicorns, malls, make up, shoes, rainbows and butterflies. I did not live in a boys world at all.  Since becoming a mom I have learned my Transformer names, Harry Potter characters and can even speak about the world of Star Wars.  The way boys interact has been the largest thing I have learned.   Everyday I am becoming a little better at being a Mom of these sweet lovable boys, knowing I'll never get it perfect but trying to do my very best.

Here is what I have learned:
Once they become mobile boys rarely stop.
Boys like to be outdoors as climbing, building and exploring as much as possible.
Bathing and underwear are considered optional in their minds.
Wrestling is a sign of affection...this is the BIGGEST thing I have learned.
Bikes and scooters are meant to go off of curbs and down big hills whenever possible.
Mud and puddles will never be avoided.
The more dangerous the idea the better the idea is.
Farting, burping and other such items are a instant giggle fest.
and
Every day is an enjoyable journey and adventure.

I love being a mom of boys and I love they new ways they teach me to look at life.

Comments

  1. But just wait til they start bringing the girlfriends and girlfriends laundry home !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to be so blessed!!! :) :)

      Love,
      Michelle

      Delete

Post a Comment