I have kids, so my life is always entertaining. Here are some of my favorite recent quotes.
"Mom can we go out for ice cream?" "It is below zero out today Trent" "It's okay mom, because the hot fudge will warm us up".
Dylan and Trent had a small argument. I told Dylan to go upstairs and make amends. "Seriously mom?" "Yes, Dylan, before you can do anything else you have to make amends with Trent." "You got it Mom!!" Dylan ran up the stairs and screamed "Trent, guess what!!! Mom said we HAVE to make a MESS before we can play!!!" Both boys cheered, as I quickly ran up the stairs to teach the definition of the word amend.
Aliya was making tweeting noises at her stuffed blue bird and then said "Mommy, what did I just say?" I took my best pretend guesses "that Blueberry is hungry?" "that she wants to go to the park?" after a few more tries Aliya responded "No mommy, don't be so silly, you know only I can speak bird".
Dylan said "Mom, aren't you ever going to clean the upstairs windows?" "Dylan, the weather has been really cold for window cleaning, why are you so concerned?" "Because I wrote on my window weeks ago and I have been waiting FOREVER to get in trouble for it". I couldn't contain my laughter, so the punishment he had been waiting so very long for, never did come.
Aliya was lying in bed and had the hiccups. She kept giggling uncontrollably and then I would hear "shhhhhhh!" I went to check on her and find out what was so funny. As I entered her room I heard her saying "shhhhhhhhh!" to herself again. I asked what she was doing. "I'm trying to sneak up on me and scare my hiccups away, but I just won't be quiet!"
I asked Dylan who he had played with during recess. "James, Dyaln M., Juliana, Max, and the Heart Breaker. "Who's the Heart Breaker?" "Me! That's what everyone calls me...well...not yet, but soon, I'm sure!"




