Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Ouch!

In a million years I never would have guessed that I would have taken this picture.  I don't take pictures of sad things (mostly because I don't like to be reminded of them and because it goes against all my beliefs of proper etiquette).  However, our little lady was hurt the other day and she asked me to take a picture of her "so Daddy can see how sad I am and how brave I am being". When your little girl is in pain, you throw away all your beliefs in etiquette and you do what she asks.  So here is our little princess, in her favorite princess dress waiting on her x-rays to come back as she holds onto her thumb that had just been shut into the car door.  She is fine, no broken bones or major damage, but she does have a deep cut and managed to scare us all once again. I was much happier to take the next picture of her giving a thumbs up, with her big smile and showing daddy she was okay.  I am hoping that I do not need to take anymore sad picture in the upcoming year.