Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

A Great Dad




Nate is an amazing father, and obviously a huge part of that is his relationship with our children.  He plays catch and board games.  He goes to all of their events and wrestles them to the ground.  He educates them in history and shares with them his musical tastes.  He lets them watch, eat, and do things that I would never approve of. He makes them eggs in the morning and builds campfires in the yard.  He’s their dad.  He’s their friend. He’s their idol.

That being said,  I also believe what makes him a GREAT father is his ability to balance me out.  He gives me a break when I need it.  He makes me laugh when things get stressful.  He lets me teach the boys to be men with words while he teaches them by example.  He treats Aliya like a princess in a way only a father can.  John Wooden said, “The best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” and I believe this to be undoubtedly true.  So much is learned by our children by watching the way Nate respects, helps and supports me.  He is a great day in so many ways beyond just his checker skills.
Nate hate's heights but this Father's Day he climbed a tree to take down a loose limb. This is what love looks like.