Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Pupcakes

 October 30th is a special day around here.  It’s the birthday of our most furry family member. Yogi is everyone's best friend and favorite snuggle partner. I’ve always loved animals, but Yogi honestly makes me love them on a level that I sometimes question whether it’s normal.  The truth is, because of this furry face our lives are better every single day so naturally, we try and make his birthday a special for him with extra time petting, playing and eating treats.  This year we tried a treat recipe that Yogi could not get enough of. I honestly think he did every trick he knew in 10 seconds flat just to get one. I don't want to lose the recipe, as I know we will want to use it again real soon, so I am posting it below.  It is hard to believe that our furry friend is already 7 years old! We are so thankful for the happiness he adds to every day in our home.

Pupcakes- Birthday Cake for Dogs

From : https://www.freshfitkitchen.com/pupcakes-birthday-cake-for-dogs/



INGREDIENTS

1/4  cup Whole Wheat Flour

1/4  cup Quick Cooking Oats

1/4  cup Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Be sure there are no artificial sweeteners. These are not good for your pup.

1/4  cup Water, to bring the dough together

Banana Slices and Oats for Garnish

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. (SEE RECIPE NOTES FOR OPTIONAL ICING RECIPE) A muffin tin is best for this and a stand mixer if you have it. A hand mixer will also work. Grease the inside of 2 of the muffin cups with a little coconut oil or use muffin liners.

In the bowl of a stand mixer beat together the oats, flour, and peanut butter for the cake. To get it to be a smooth dough, add about 1/8-1/4 c. of warm water to bring it together. The cake will basically turn into a biscuit texture.

Push 1/2 the dough into each of the muffin cups. Bake the pupcakes for 15-20 minutes or until completely set and dog biscuit texture. Remove from tins and cool on a wire rack. Using an icing tip in a ziplock or pastry bag pipe the icing on (If using) and/or garnish with more oats and banana slices.