Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Getting out of the Classroom

Trent went on his 8th grade class trip to DC last week.  I was asked many times if I was missing him and the answer was always the same for me. Of course I missed him! But, I also felt so excited to have him gone on this amazing experience that the happieness for him far out weighed my sadness for myself.  He had an amazing trip with one very snowy day in DC fallowed by one very spring like day.  Trent told us all about his wonderful time away and the sites he saw. He felt a very strong emotional impact by going to the Holocaust Museum, Arlington National Cemetery as well as many other memorials  He was excited to get to go the American History and Air and Space Smithsonian, although, he was very disappointed to not be able to go to Natural History Smithsonian and still has that on his bucket list. He saw so many great things and also had a wonderful time with his friends going to see a Shear Madness play in the Kennedy Center as well as going to a dinner and dance on the Spirit of Washington boat that lasted until late in the night. It was a great opportunity to learn and we couldn't be more happy that he was able to go and experience so many great things with his friends.