Winter in New England always has its ups and downs and this one seems to be one of the greatest examples of that. There was this brief moment when all our snow melted and you could even seen bits of green grass starting again. The kids and I took the opportunity to enjoy the glorious sunny days with the windows down on car rides and the sunshine pouring in and Nate and I enjoyed cold cups of ice coffee all with the knowledge that this warm up would not last long. Sure enough winter has returned. We had two significant snow storms in two weeks time leaving us with more snow to play in in March then we had the rest of the winter. One thing that I have definitely learned is that if you can't change something then there is little use complaining about it. So instead of fighting with old man winter the kids and I got outside and breathed in some of the cold fresh air and played. The snow will soon turn to mud and the mud to grass and it will be a wonderful sight to see but in the meantime we will play in this fluffy white stuff that falls from the heavens and try to enjoy this month that comes in like a lion and out like a lamb.
| This measurement was taken after the first snow storm. |


