The past couple of months have been far from ordinary. I have not been able to be within six feet of people I love since the beginning of March. It sounds crazy and it is one of the things I grieve the most. However, social distancing has lead to creativity when it comes to spending time with my family and while it will never be the same as actually being close to one another it is still better than nothing.
![]() |
We celebrated birthdays with games, cake, and a computer screen so we could see the rest of the family.
Denise and mom enjoy going on a walk nearly every day. They stay at a distance from one another. and don't go into each others homes but enjoy time outside together.
Aliya and mom did their annual summer shoe shopping via video call and screen share.
Mom and I celebrated mother's day with a coffee house style date. We enjoyed coffee in our cars while we chatted.
While I would give anything to hug my family again I am still thankful for the ways we are making this work. It seems like any way we can find to connect is better than not and now those small connections mean so much during such a strange time.









