Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Date Night

 

  Nate and I seem to have two stages of life. One is where we are good about making sure we are going out on dates and spending time together and the other is when we know we need to get back to being good about dating.  This year has been hard and has had its share of emotional battles and when you combine that with long work hours and busy days for the kids and we barely have the energy to stay awake during a tv show, never mind go out for the evening. However, we notice that when we do take the energy to spend time together it really does rejuvenate us even more than sleep would. We need that time together to feel connected as more than just parents.  I am so thankful for the strong friendship that Nate and I have that allows us to ebb and flow through the changing tides of life and I hope I always remember the importance of being his date.