Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Sick again...


It has been a bad week for us. Usually, I try to stay on the positive side. I usually only focus on the good things in my life. It is my philosophy. I never stress about things out of my control, I simply celebrate the good. BUT THIS WEEK...THIS WEEK HAS BEEN BAD. It started with bad news about my uncle having a stroke, then a tornado came through our town and left us with no power (although our house is still here so that is good!), and then we all got sick...not just kind of sick but very sick. There are five runny noses in our house, five sore throats, five people coughing, five people with headaches, and two people throwing up. Do you know what all of that adds up to... one very busy mom! Nate helps out in every way he can, but he is much more amazing then I, and has been going to work even though he is sick as a dog and therefore isn't home with the rest of us. Last night I only got about four hours of sleep. When I did fall asleep one of my sweet little children would start crying because they were miserable and when I would return to bed I couldn't sleep because I was miserable. Tonight I look around and realized how bad we all were. Dylan who never stops running was lying on the floor to play. Aliya, who rarely cries, was crying again. And Trent, who has not napped since he was three, was sleeping on the couch. I am ready for a new week...one that brings good health and happiness, and to hurry myself to that point, I am going to go off to bed. Yes, that is right at 8:08 pm on a Friday night I am going to go to bed. I have put all three children to bed and now it is my turn...so Good night...sleep tight....I hope to type to you all again in a much more healthy state...I hope! :)
PS: I do have a whole list in my head of positive things that proves that my bad week really isn't that bad (when I think about it) and maybe when I am not so tired and coughing so hard, I will have the energy to share them with all of you.