Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

a special day

This morning I told the kids we were going to have a fun day. We were going to go to the playground, go to the candy store, and go to the library. Trent was very excited but responded with "what special dinner are we going to have". Hmmmmm...think....think...."um, how about pancakes!" "Yes!!!!! Can we eat them while watching tv and have apple juice too!" (this is a treat because they are usually only aloud milk at dinner). "Sure" I said and we began to get ready for our day out.

We went to the playground and Trent kept reminding Dylan that they were going to have pancakes! Dylan kept saying "mmmmmm...I love pancakes!" Then we went to the candy store and Trent said he would wait to eat his candy so he would have enough room for pancakes. Then off to the library where again he mentioned his wonderful pancake dinner. My exciting day out was nothing compared to the thrill of eating pancakes that night. When we got home, we played for a few hours (the boys asked for their pancakes every fifteen minutes) and then it was finally time to cook. I sat the pancakes down on the table in the living room, turned on "Busy Town" and brought two cups of apple juice. Both Trent and Dylan jumped up and down cheering and sat down and ate three servings of pancakes! This once again shows me that what is exciting to a child is often the most simple things in life!!!!




Aliya on the other hand was not near as excited for pancakes as she was for a late nap after a busy (but fun) day.

Comments

  1. The funny thing is that I can picture them asking you every 15 minutes for pancakes and then jumping up and down. Their little faces tell a great story. Even Aliya's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment