Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Boys Will Be Boys!

Yesterday, was a hot day and Dylan was running around with out his shirt on. Ever since we went to the St. Louis zoo he has like to play gorillas. While we were playing Dylan asked "can I be real gorilla?" "sure" I said slightly confused by what he meant. The next thing I know Dylan has his shorts and underwear off and is doing gorilla noises. Nate and I were dying laughing and Dylan says "what? I real gorilla, see". Nate and I quickly explained that even when we want to play "real gorilla" we still must have our clothes on!

Today, while Trent was in the bathroom I heard him scream "MOM!!" I ran in to have him hand me the empty toilet paper roll. He immediately start to explain the "situation". "Mom, I was thinking of turning that into a train, and then I started to sing the might machine song, you know, the song that goes, mighty machines, big and mighty machines working for you doing mighty things their boom boom mighty machines, you know that song right?" "yes, I know that song" "okay, well I was singing that song and then I started to think of what other machines that could be like a crane or a bulldozer or maybe even a dump truck. And then I started to think I could make it into a tractor for Dylan. Like the tractor we saw outside our window yesterday, Dylan really liked that one. Well, I was trying to figure out how to make it and then I must have got distracted because I dropped it in the poppy toilet so that is why I screamed for you. I thought you would want it." "Thank you Trent". "Your welcome best friend Mommy!" Yes, through that very long explanation from Trent I was holding my wonderful gift.

These boys keep me laughing...there is no doubt about that!!!!