Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

More Christmas Fun

Memories are made in the strangest of moments.  For example, "I write music trucker style I sing it mile after mile about all the things a good trucker knows..."  my sister is probably singing right now.  Yup, she is singing a commercial about Shell Rotella.  When we were little girls we had a Christmas tape that had that commercial on it. No, my parents didn't get it for us, our family friend Joe did and if you know Joe you understand that giving a trucker Christmas tape to girls makes perfect sense. Anyway, Sheryl and I loved that song/jingle.  Not because it was a good song (obviously) but because we would sing it at the top of our lungs it would make us laugh.  Uncontrollably laugh...on the floor with tears coming out of our eyes laugh.  Then we would fast forward the tape to Hard Candy Christmas (don't blame us it was the 80s and we were little with poor judgement) and sing it in our best Dolly Parton voices and then rewind it and do it all over again.  I have lots of silly memories of Christmas time growing up.  Donkeys in lofts, Jen making rules that we couldn't go into the living room until we made Santa do x number of jumping jacks, and "fighting" for a chair at Christmas parties.  I am sure they are not the things my parents thought would make great memories, but they did.  They were carefree wonderful moments of my childhood and they keep me wondering, what will my kids remember most of their holidays.


We have continued on with our Christmas countdown. Our activities have included:
Snowman Soup

Baking lots and lots of different kinds of cookies.








Riding the Christmas Train at the Mall.



 
 

Making Pecan Nut Balls (or as the kids like to call them yummy snowballs).

Cutting out Paper Snowflakes.
Making Christmas Gifts

and as a special treat we got to spend a few days with my Dad.  It was wonderful to see him. (Aliya loved kissing and hugging her Papa, it was very cute to watch.)

Comments

  1. Yup - laughing so hard I'm crying. :o)

    The kids came running and asked "what? What? WHAT? What's so funny?" And I when I sang it to them they looked at me like I'm crazy - which I guess I am.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment