Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving.  This year I had a headache larger then the turkey that was served, and while I might have felt miserable, I still loved every minute of our day.  It was wonderful to spend a holiday with my family again and watch as our children ran and played with all my nieces and nephews.  It was wonderful to be chatting in the kitchen with my sisters and watching my parents hand out the Christmas ornaments.  I felt so much love in that house and it was an amazing feeling. Holidays are always hard because no matter what family Nate and I are with we are always sad to be missing the other side of our family.  This year we missed Nate's family greatly.  We have spent the last seven Thanksgivings with them and it was hard for me not to be making our pies the night before or being able to spend time with them the day of Thanksgiving.  I am amazed at how much love and support Nate and I have.  I am so thankful for each  person near and far who we are blessed to call family. 

Reading together by the fire was a favorite pastime for many of  the kids.  Especially Trent who found a book on dinosaurs.
Aliya, however, found it far more entertaining to slide down the stairs.

I love how on Thanksgiving everyone helps out, many hands in the kitchen makes a big meal far less work and a lot more fun.

We might be a large family but there is plenty of room at this table for everyone.
Traffic Jam

Beautiful Smiles


Dylan and Jon were detectives....Dylan is sure he found some big clues but in order to solve the mystery he has to go back to Jonny's house and play.  Good plan Dylan, Good plan.

My sweet sisters who I love so much



It's all about family



My mom started a tradition to pass out a Christmas ornament to each grandchild on Thanksgiving.  Each ornament somehow reflects the interest of the child in the past year.  She started the tradition when there was just Gabriel.  Little did she know that she would be buying 15 ornaments each year! 



He must be sleepy from all that turkey!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!