Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Home is Where the Heart Is

 "Home is where you hang your hat"  or keep your boots in our case.  We are very quickly getting settled into our new home.  A week ago we were surrounded by boxes and today we are completely unpacked with pictures hanging on the wall.  It took us very little time to get comfy cozy here and feel the sense of being home.  The kids miss having Nana and Papa to play with every second of the day but besides that they are doing just fine and love the new house.  Nate and I are exhausted from the work of the move.  Bedtime has been 10:30 after having napped on the couch for an hour or so.  Moving was far easier when we were younger, had less children and most importantly had far less stuff.  I have no idea what we would have done with all the junk we had acquired had God not helped us with downsizing over the years (tornado and then a  flooded basement three times over).  It is very exciting to be able to say we have all of our belongings in one location.  We might not know where we put it, but we know it is here! We have had many warm days to play outside and it has been wonderful.  I love being able to let the kids go run, play and get dirty.  Aliya loves to wear her mud boots everywhere.  "If I see a puddle I want to be able to stomp in it"  it is that heart for fun that I love about our kiddos.  I love the way they hands on learn everyday and explore the world around them in ways that I forget too.  The backyard is like a fantasy land to our kiddos.  They have a way of turning it into a fabulous adventure every time.  I love their passion for the outdoors, and if it means a few extra loads of laundry then so be it, because their is no way I am slowing their enthusiasm down.  We are very happy in (and outside of) the house and are extremely excited to have this wonderful place to call home.













Comments

Post a Comment