
I love baking. Cookies, pies, cakes, breads, there is always something filling up my home with its warm aroma. I love cooking in general, but there is just something special about baking that warms my heart. Our children are always eager to help in the kitchen, the second I say "who wants to make..." they all come running with their hands washed and eager eyes ready to dive into the recipe. Trent has learned so much about fractions by allowing him to use a whole measuring cup and having him work out the recipe, he divides and doubles the recipe with ease and you can see the pride in his eyes as he does it. He treats each creation like a science experiment with great excitement as he watches all the parts come together. Trent loves to read the recipe while the rest of us play I spy looking for the ingredients he names. Dylan and Aliya scurry about the kitchen grabbing ingredients as fast as they can and laughing. I love watching as our kids touch, smell, see and taste their wonderful creations. They gain so much confidence by being able to say "I made this!" Baking gives us time together laughing and creating and is one of my favorite activities that I am so lucky to be able to do with them each week.



There are so many reasons why I love baking with my little loves, never mind the fact that in the end we get a delicious baked good!
.