Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

One Day...


Dylan's cow named Moosley and Beary, Aliya's lamb named Kitty and Annie, and Tren'ts Monkey and Monkey Blankey



One day my children won't need their favorite things to go to sleep.

One day before bed they won't ask me to sing...
   Night time, sleep time
   Say good night time
   Good night stars shimmering bright
   Good night moon silver and light
   Cuddle up with my blanket
   Cuddle up really tight
   Close my eyes and dream
   Dream 'til the morning light


One day we won't sign "I love you today and I love you for always" every time we go our separate ways.

One day I won't say "accidents happen" a hundred times in twenty four hours.

One day they won't ask me "how come..."

One day they won't be smaller then me.

One day it won't be Friday family fun night every single Friday.

One day I won't remind them how life is about choices.

One day we won't sit and read a book as a family.

One day I won't say after each disagreement "No matter what you say,
 or do, I will always love you" in unison with my children.

One day it won't be so noisy that a phone can ring and I don't hear it.

One day I won't be able to say I love you every time I think it.

One day we won't gather around the table for each meal.

One day I won't hear their prayers at night.


One day they will grow up and go off to fulfill their dreams, and Nate and I will stand beside them cheering them on. But right now, I am so lucky to be living my dream. One day things will change...but not today. I am so thankful for how things are right now in this wonderful and glorious stage of my life.  I couldn't ask for any more.

 
 



Comments

  1. One day they will each have their own family giving you the precious gift of beautiful, amazing GRANDCHILDREN !! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh ... I wish you weren't right. "One day" seems like it is getting here faster and faster.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment