Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Home Projects

When we moved in, our house was a blank canvas, and Nate and I had grand ideas.
 
 
Nate and I have had many of our things for over a decade now.  We were ready for a change but not ready to part with some of our precious belongings.  So some things received a face lift.  The stars below are our favorite house decoration.  Maybe because they were the very first one that we picked out together (besides posters that glowed in a black light).  We absolutely love them and wouldn't dream of saying goodbye to something that has hung in every single home we have ever owned.  That being said, we did feel they needed a change.  All of our brown frames and brown starts were making our corner look very dark.  So the stars got painted blue and tan and the frames were painted tan as well.  We love the change and are happy to have our stars still in their place of honor. 

We took some old canvas pictures that neither of us ever loved.  In fact, we didn't like them so much that we couldn't even ever decide what direction to hang them.  We decided finally to give them a change.  I am the last person who clams to have any art ability, but I was pretty excited with the ideas we came up with .  They are meaningful to us, and for now they make us smile (and at least we know they are not hanging upside down.
 
Old pictures
 As you can see below the living room is still a work in progress.  We have half of our stripes painted beside our door, one curtain hung who needs a match and hemmed, and a mirror that has a schedule change coming.  However, Nate has built us movie and album storage as well as a television stand that I love and he is working on a bookcase. Our favorite key holder did get a shiny new coat of paint as well.

 
 


All those projects and I haven't even mention plans for our kitchen, the table or the entire upstairs.  Good thing we have a lifetime to make it all happen. I love house projects, they make us feel at home and there is no better feeling in the world then that.