Before the kids started school this year, I was nervous that I was about to become a part time mom. I didn't know how to answer the constant question of "what are you going to do when the kids are at school?" Having all three kids gone and a empty house was a bizarre and unfathomable thought. I am quite aware of how ridiculous this sounds now, but it was undoubtedly what I felt at that time. However, the first few weeks of school brought about silly putty stuck in a shirt, gum stuck in Aliya's hair, middle of the night sickness, homework overload, lunches to pack, and kids who needed extra hugs and encouragement. Also the doctor appointments didn't end and neither did the need to clean the dishes, toilets and laundry just because school had begun. Life stayed busy, maybe even busier then it used to be and I learned that my job is secure. My kiddos (and hubby too) still need me. Some ways they need me may be different then they did before, but that has been part of the fun. I now get to volunteer at their library, read stories to the class, help plan Fall parties and make class leaf shirts. I love my job even if I still haven't come up with appropriate job title to fill in on paperwork.
"I'm a..."
Stay at Home Mom with No Kids at Home, (that confuses even me)
Home-Maker (sounds like I am a contractor)
House Wife (if I buy a apron, pearls, and put a turkey in the over then I can use this term)
Non-Working Mother (not until I start eating bonbons and watching soap operas will I ever use this title)
Title or no tile, I love my job, and calling myself a mother and wife is just fine with me.
"I'm a..."
Title or no tile, I love my job, and calling myself a mother and wife is just fine with me.



