
Nate believes in pie for breakfast. I learned this the very first time I made apple pie for him and walked out from my shower to see him sitting in front of the television with it overflowing from his bowl. I looked at him in surprise and he calmly responded "what? It has fruit and crust; really if you think about it, it is not much different then toast with jelly and defiantly no different then a doughnut." I had no argument for his well thought out response. So, from that day on pie became an acceptable breakfast food. So, for Nate's birthday he woke up to his favorite kind of pie, pumpkin sitting on the table with candles lit. The kids showered him with gifts, many that included glue, markers and construction paper. He smiled and being the amazing dad that he is, he said it was his best birthday ever. After dropping the kids at school, Nate and I sneaked off to buy him a new hat and than we spent the entire day gallivanting around doing not much of anything, but at the same time ensuring that he knew it was his special day. I love this man to pieces and he gets me like no one else can. Appreciation is the purest,strongest form of love. It is the outward-bound kind of love that asks for nothing and gives everything and that is what this wonderful man gives me everyday and I hope desperately that I do the same in return. Happy Birthday best friend. Thank you for making me the luckiest girl in the world.

 |
| Birthday hat shopping with my favorite guy. |