Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

A Thankful Month

  I make it a point to begin every day with an attitude of gratitude. I think it is important, especially these days where it seems like every commercial tells us we aren’t thin enough, rich enough, successful enough, happy enough. We always need more “stuff” to be enough.  If we focus on where we are lacking, we run the danger of being ungrateful for what we have, and that can be an extraordinarily sad and unsatisfying way to live.

Grateful people are happy people and I strive to fill my life with as much happiness as I can. We have all kinds of ways to be thankful and many things to be grateful for that we might not even notice. I try my best to think of the blessing in every inconvenience.  This can drive people crazy, but it really does make my heart so much fuller. I’ll show you what I mean…

  • I am thankful for all the laundry I have to do because it means I have a family to wear them.
  • I am thankful for the dishes that need washing because it means I didn’t go hungry.
  • I am thankful for taking the kids to another school event because it means they are healthy enough to go.I am thankful for all the reading I have to do with my children because it means they are literate.
  • I am thankful for the car that needs all new shocks because it means I don’t have to walk miles and miles to get what I need.
  • I am thankful for that parking space waaaaayyyy out in the back, because it means I don’t have to park in a handicapped space. I can walk.
  • I am thankful for the attic that needs to be cleaned out because it means I am blessed with plenty.
and so on and so forth.  Being thankful is a choice that can become a wonderful habit and what better time to focus on thankfulness then in the month of November.  I will attempt to post at least a photo each day this month showing you something I am thankful for.  Let's see what I come up with. :)What are you guys thankful for? I’d love to hear your comments (which I am super especially thankful to get, by the way).







Comments

  1. I am thankful for you guys and all my family. I feel so very blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment