Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

A Day for Love

 I am a sucker for holidays.  I love them all, from silly made up ones like national peanut butter and jelly day, to a day that has been celebrated for as far back as History books go.  I like days that add a little extra fun to our lives and when it comes to Valentine's Day I am all for a day that reminds you to slow down and appreciate those you love.  Our Valentine's Day traditions are simple and to me, it is the little things that often mean so much. The kiddos woke up to floors filled with notes for them and it is fun to watch as they read through all of them as they walk around the house. This year the boys surprised me and left notes outside the bathroom for when I got out of the shower.  It was so thoughtful that I teared up as I read them and stared at my kind little boys who have somehow transformed into amazing young men overnight.  Aliya helped me make our traditional heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast and everyone enjoyed sneaking a piece of chocolate from their heart-shaped box before they left for school.  It was a wonderful love filled day with those I love most.
Aliya wanted to make a Unicorn Valentine's box to collect her cards in this year.  We had her friend Maddie over on Sunday to craft with us.
Dylan did not want to make a Vantine's box this year and went with his simple smile on a blue bag instead. 
Aliya made this heart pancake for Dylan.  She was very proud of her hidden message on it.