Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Unexpected Place






 The other day Aliya and I dropped Trent off at driver's ed. 
Aliya and I had intended to read in the car while we waited for him but because we had a
couple of hours to spare, and it was a gorgeous day, we decided to go on a walk instead.
We saw a large crowd walking, so we decided to follow the crowd.
We joked that we may be walking to somebody's family reunion and that it was so crazy just to
walk without knowing where the road leads.
We didn’t end up at a family reunion but instead, we ended up at a County Fair.
You never know what goofy things can happen in a day.
I didn't intend to go to a fair, I didn't even intend to go on a walk,
I didn't even intend to take Aliya with me to drop off Trent but I am glad I did.
And I am glad that we lived spontaneously. 
Our life requires so much order most of the time that it is just fun when we can break free from the plan.
It is nice when we can just let life flow and let it lead us to unexpected places.