Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Needing Time

Aliya had a hard morning the other day. I dropped her off at school and was suddenly frustrated by the fact that I didn't have any more time. I felt like I needed more time to talk to her. More time to give her space to wake up. More time to get to the bottom of whatever was bothering her. More time just for a hug. However she was walking in the door and there was no more time. I decided to email her teacher and see if there was any chance I could pull her from school that day early so we could buy a little bit of time to talk. Sure enough the teacher said that she was ahead on work and she could easily leave a bit early. I went and picked her up early and we went on a walk through a trail nearby our home. It was wonderful. We needed the breath of fresh air we needed to chat about nothing and everything and just to take a minute for ourselves. I spent many hours of worrying about her while she was at school but I suddenly felt better only 5 minutes in to our time knowing that everything really was okay. We just had to talk. We just needed that time.


Comments

  1. Time is so special when it is shared with someone you love. Time is free and no one can ever take away your memory of your special walk. Good job. You are both very special.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment