Be patient and tough, one day this pain will be useful to you. - Ovid
Since Covid started this quote has swirled in my mind over and over again. Patience is something that comes easily to me, however, tough has never been a word that I associate with myself. This year has required a toughness that I could not have expected less than a year ago. Our family has hit some hard times between job loss, online learning, the passing of our sweet dog, medical struggles, quarantining (and the missing of friends and family that come with that) truly every part of our normal life has changed in some way in a very short amount of time. I used to think tough was a word that I did not admire and would picture an in your face person who wouldn't listen or let down. However, I realize there is a toughness that is admirable and it is often when you have the willingness to push forward, even when life is pushing against you. This is the type of toughness I want, this is the type of toughness I see in my family. This has not been an easy year, there have been tears and frustration but each day we find the bright spots, and we get back up and try again in hopes that we move forward a bit more than we are pushed back.



