I often track my days through small sentences and moments. I was looking to delete and free up storage but I simply couldn't hit delete. I was reading through some moments from last year, at this time, and it was so different that I just wanted to keep these small memories for myself to remember where we were and how far we have come.
Day by Day
Tues 4/21 went to the boy's schools to pick up more work for them to do through the end of the year. Hopefully, they will be back next year. This is not the end of the school year that they had hoped for.
Mon 4/20 virtual book club...saw those I love through a screen. I am thankful for technology so much right now.
Thurs 4/ 16 governor announced that remote schooling will continue for the rest of the school year. Went to RMMS with the kids to skateboard and felt uncomfortable as Dylan saw friends but we could not approach them to talk.
Tues 4/14 whole family went to RMMS after going to the dump and post office just to get out. Kids and I stayed in the car until we got to RMMS. I felt bad as we left because Trent was having no fun until he got on the playground equipment but then I felt horrible because of exposing them to any germs on it. We made a rule we couldn't go on the equipment anymore. I have been taking our kids to parks since birth it is a sad feeling telling them that we can't play in that way.
4/13 rainy day which we needed. Sometimes the rain makes all this staying home feel almost normal
4/11 Trent had a quarantine party with friends online they played games together. It was good to hear them laugh.
Fri 4/10 Aliya had a remote movie night with friends. Popcorn and smile but all alone in her room.
Thurs 4/9 rainy day. They say numbers are going down and less than expected death is likely.
Wed 4/8. We had to go to the store for water. I hate when we go because I always fear that we will bring home germs.
Tues 4/7 went on a walk with Aliya and made encouraging chalk messages on the sidewalk.
Monday 4/6 hotels were told no one stays in them unless assisting with covid 19. No vacations. Sheryl sewed our family face masks and brought them over. We talked through the glass door and through masks. The kids waved at their cousins through rolled-up car windows.
Sunday 4/5 went to deliver pictures to my parents. It was the first time the kids had left Brookline since school was let out. Yogi went on the car ride too. Stood apart and could not touch.
Saturday 4/4 walked to the river and lake. Walked on other side of the road to avoid people.
Friday 4/3 CDC told everyone that we should wear masks. Had a paper airplane battle. Dylan played with friends online.
Wednesday 4/1 April fool's day with no jokes. No one feels like laughing at the moment.
Tuesday 3/31 Family walk just to get fresh air and to get out.
Monday 3/30 Dylan baked bread for a school project. It was yummy and fun.
Sunday 3/29 Storybook charades. It was so much fun. It took four of us to act out the Lorax but Nate got it! Aliya started reading stories online to her cousins.
Saturday 3/28 drawing and baking with Aliya today. We watched a movie. Just a relaxing day like any other Saturday but yet very different too.
Friday 3/27 - All nonessentials are to close today by midnight. No hair salons, stores, etc that are not needed and we have been told to stay home by the governor. Every day something else closes and I wonder if it will ever reopen. Nate has filed for unemployment today, something we have never done and never hope to do again.
Thursday 3/26. After grocery shopping for Demls, my parents, and our family I found out that Nate has been put on furlough from his work. No pay. Unemployment. Tears. It is heartbreaking not to know what is next. I believe we will ok but I also believe sacrifices will be made. A few weeks ago was so easy and now it is as if I landed in a foreign land with no known way out. We played jackbox together which lightened our mood as a family. Distraction seems to be a survival technique.
Wednesday 3/25 - Today felt ordinary in this weird world. Lots of housework, schoolwork, and regular work for Nate. Aliya and I painted together and it gave me a breath in the middle of everything. I had an online book club meeting with Denise, Mom, Sheryl and I. We laughed and talked as if we were all together.
Tuesday 3/24 - A ton of school work today. Online learning is taking more time than I hoped it would. Not near as much free time during the day and little time together. I am ready for less work. Aliya made a fort to do her schoolwork in and Yogi sat in the middle of it. Dylan enjoyed having an online class with Mr. Capraio.
Monday 3/23 - I took Dylan and aliya on a car ride around Brookline. We made coffee from home because we can not get treats from DD anymore. Aliya and I FaceTime with Mom so that we could connect. Nate work permanently closed 3 stores. It snowed!
Sunday 3/22 - Dylan worked on an amazing art project of outer space. It came out great! I have been working on organizing mom and dad's old photos. Lasagna for dinner and Nate made me stuffed cheesy bread.
Saturday 3/21 - Family flag football game!! Aliya and I took pictures together outside.
Friday 3/20 - Grocery shopping. No pasta, no toilet paper, no meat, no soap. A whole new world.
Thursday 3/19 everyone needed a reason to smile and Brownies only use 1/2c flour so it was a win!
Wednesday 3/18 First day of "remote learning". Everything ran smoothly. Kids and I played for hours outdoors it was beautiful weather 
Tuesday 3/17 woke up early to set up at Patrick's day decorations. No corned beef but we had lucky charms and green milk. Tom Brady left the Patriots and it barely made the headlines due to Corona.
Monday 3/16 - went shopping to pick up essentials but not much luck. Struggled to find water but eventually found filters at bed bath and beyond. Aliya came with me but had to stay in the car while I went in the stores. Nate went into work.
Sunday 3/15 - Slow morning of family cartoons and cereal. Aliya and I played with each other's hair.
Saturday 3/14 - Game time with each kid. I stink at Mario Cart but have fun playing against them. We spent time outdoors on our swing
Friday 3/13 - feel like Corona is about to impact us. Did a large shopping trip for meat and staples. No toilet paper to be found anywhere.



