Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Inauguration Celebration

I know that all of my many blog readers have VERY strong opinions about politics, but feel free to take your opinions to your own website, this is mine! :) This is not a political post it is a historic post, so please don't be confused. I hate starting confrontation or any kind of debate, so that is not what I am trying to do here. With that said, I was very excited for inauguration today and being able to witness a historic moment. I have been working to teach Trent the name of our new president, his wife (an easy name to remember) and his children. We have looked at photos of the white house and watched videos of Obama's train ride.

My Mom once told me a story of a moment when she knew she was doing a good job raising me and my moment like that happened with Trent this week. Trent with out wondering or questioning colored a picture of Obama and it looked perfect. He didn't think about the colors, he just did it. I smiled to myself. Then he asked me this question..."Mom, what does the first black president mean?" I answered him the best way I could and he simply responded with "Oh." Then later in the day he said to me "Mom, maybe one day I could be the first brown haired president...I mean, if I wanted to be." This statement made me feel so good about my sweet boy. He saw no difference in someones color of skin then the color of his hair or eyes. I love the way he views the world and hope it never changes.





Dylan sat and watch every second of it. He only got up once and that was to dance with Trent and Aliya while Aretha Franklin sang!


Aliya dancing!



The kids loved making decorations but their favorite part was a yummy and colorful desert!

Comments

  1. Michelle, you are a wonderful mom and teacher. I love that you took the time to make this a special day for your children. Not only did they watch it on TV but you got them all dressed in red, white and blue for this historical occasion. Good job Trent on your beautiful coloring of President Obama and you're right, you also can be president some day..brown hair or not "if you want".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment