When you wake up before dawn, there are several hours when it seems like there is no one else in the world. A very peaceful time, and that is my very favorite time of the day. For our anniversary, Nate and I got up early (5:00 to be exact), grabbed a cup of coffee and the monitor (just in case), and went and watched the sun rise. We sat cuddled up together talking and enjoying our "stolen date". We love to steal time. Time when we should be doing something else (like sleeping), but instead are spending time together. When we were young dates were easy to come by, but now that we have three kids and grandparents that live far away, we have to be much more creative about "dating". For example, every Friday we declare it is date night. Once we tuck the kids into their beds, we watch a movie or play a game, make a yummy snack and spend some time talking. Our dates have changed, but the time together is cherished just as much, if not even more. I love how much our life has changed over the last seven years (three wonderful kids, six different homes, and several jobs) but what I love best is how easily our relationship has adjusted to each different time in our life. It is amazing to look back and realizes how truly elastic our relationship is. Our relationship has changed over the years, but more importantly we have grown. But one thing remains very much the same, I love him, and he loves me, and we are completely and undoubtedly so happy to be spending our lives together.



Congratulations on your anniversary and your creativity to keep your marriage alive. You have a wonderful family and I love you all bunches.
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog and being a part of your lives...it makes the miles seem a little closer.