Our town park is a home away from home for our kids. They are comfortable and confident there. They know how to climb to the highest points on the playground, where to go to find the hidden trails around the lake, where the purple flowers grow, how to get inside the dugouts and where the geese, fish and horses usually hide. They care about our park. They pull weeds off the playground area and make sure not even one piece of trash touches the ground. It is their very favorite place to be. I think it is because it is such a great place to just be a kid. There is nothing complicated there, just a place to run, jump, play and discover. A place where smiles are as guaranteed as the fact that their feet and knees will be covered in dirt. A spot to go to where there are very few rules and therefore we get to watch them walk in great confidence around their world.















We love the parks around here too! I don't think I've been to the one you are talking about in your blog. Which one is it?? Adorable kids too!
ReplyDelete