Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

A Very Fun Fourth of July

We had a wonderful fourth of July. In fact, it was so good that it was an entire weekend of fun.

I took the kids to our town parade, which we were very impressed by. Dylan loved the tractors, Trent loved the marching band, Aliya LOVED the horses, and all three of them loved collecting candy!
We spent an entire day at our town festival. The kids were so happy there, it was as if I had taken them to Disney World. They wanted to do every activity there was to do. They went to the car show, tractor show, played games, got temporary tattoos, rode the very bumpy wagon, watched mud volleyball, saw a magician, and listened to different local singers
Dylan and Trent both liked the car show. But Trent wouldn't get to close to this car because he said it looked like a Transformer. He said "Bumblebee (that's the transformers name) is a good guy, but I don't want to get in the way in case he needs to transform." Dylan, of course, loved the tractors and the tractor games. He decided that this tractor was perfect for him. He said "I get this tractor for my birthday, it is little like me!
The kids loved listening to the music, while they waited for the magician to come on stage. Dylan and Aliya couldn't stop bopping their heads and dancing to the country music.
We came home at 3 and let the little ones nap. They obviously needed it!
While the kids were napping Trent and I watched a little deer that came all the way up onto our back step. If you look closely you can see him by the fence.

When Nate got back home we went back to the park and got some dinner and then watched the fireworks. The kids didn't go to bed until 10:00 but it was definitely worth bending the rules so we could have so much fun!

The next morning Nate's family came over. We had fun spending time together.
We kept things very simple, so everyone could just relax. So, besides making this cake I only had to spend time in the kitchen to boil some corn while Nate threw some brats on the grill. I was hoping to get some pictures of Nate's family after lunch, but I guess time flies while your having fun and I missed my opportunity. So just pretend there are pictures of some happy faces playing Frisbee and hanging out and that would sum up the rest of our weekend.
I don't think we could have fit one more fun event into our weekend if we wanted to. It was jammed packed but an absolutely great time!