Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Dylan's Star Wars Birthay

 Dylan loves everything about Star Wars.  He can tell you the entire story and spends much of his time playing star wars toys or pretending to be Luke Skywalker.  So I was not surprised that for six year old birthday party he wanted a Star Wars theme.

  Yoda Punch (lime sherbet, sprite, and glow sticks) was a big hit with the kids and tasted good for the grown ups too. 

 We decorated lightsaber handles and added in long balloons and everyone had there very own lightsaber to battle with.






I started making balloon animals, something I haven't done since working at Toys R Us, and ended up with some very funny dogs that the girls loved.

 The kids then made Lego star wars droids, ships, or anything else their little imaginations wanted to make.






 Up next...present time!!!!








 Feeding 23 people could be a challenge but the adults worked together and ran the kitchen like a well organized restaurant.  It was a breeze and fun watching our production line serve up yummy food.

 Dylan requested, grilled chicken salad, bake potato soup and lightsabers (bread sticks).

 Joshua was also celebrating his birthday yesterday.  It is hard to believe that this sweet boy is already one year old!!!



 Dylan requested a R2D2 birthday cake with a green lightsaber.  I was very nervous about this cake because Dylan was very particular about how it would look but in the end he absolutely loved it (even with the frosting starting to melt) and that was all that matter to me!! 





 


It was a wonderful party for our wonderful little boy.  Every year I am amazed at how fast he is growing and how quick time is flying by us.  Dylan keeps us laughing with his natural way to make every situation funny. His happiness and energy for life inspires us every day.  We are so blessed to be his mom and dad and so thankful for the pure joy he adds to our family. 
 Happy 6th Birthday Dylan Connor!!!
We love you with all our heart!
XOXOXOX

Comments

  1. That party looks like it was awesome !! I wish we could have been there too.
    It doesn't seem possible that our little Dylan is 6 already. My gosh.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN CONNOR! WE LOVE YOU.

    Grandpa and Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment